Monday, June 28, 2010

We covet all prayers...

It is not good news.
Her eyes said it all as she rolled the wand over my almost 20 week pregnant belly.
When she said "I'm going to grab the doctor...", my heart sank.
It was the longest ten minutes of waiting. She had already told me that both of the babies looked perfect and wonderful. Their hearts had prefect blood flowing through all 4 chambers, the ventricles of their brains so perfectly formed by our beautiful designer (God), their profiles...well, I am biased, but they were beautiful babies. What could be wrong?
To keep it short and simple, the babies were fine...my cervix is not. The doctor told me my cervix had thinned out dramatically the past week. She wasn't sure if my body was going to be able to hold onto these babies until a viable state. And until I reach 24 weeks, there is nothing they can really do to stop the contractions and thinning. I was to go home on strict bedrest and wait a few days for them to recheck it.
That appointment is in a few hours. I have spent the weekend with my head on the ground praying...all day, every day. I have been through all the emotions...angry, depression, and at moments feeling a little hopeful that "he that began a great work in me" will finish it.
I cannot believe that God would give us two miracles, then take them away. I cannot believe that His will would be for me to deliver two babies, that would take a few breaths, then die.
We need and covet ALL prayer. I am not even sure what to pray for besides the obvious miracle that only God can provide.
Can you get on your knees and fervently pray for us?

14 comments:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh my - please keep us posted. Praying for you and your sweet babies!

Katie said...

Sarah ~ I'm on my knees praying.

Jesse and Lacey said...

we will be praying and thinking of you all constantly.

Jess said...

Oh Sarah :(

Praying...

Lacey said...

Oh Sarah...praying praying praying... My heart is with you...

Brooke's Insights to Life said...

You will be in my prayers

Julia Henderson said...

Sara, I am praying as I write this note to you that God will bless you and those two precious lives you have inside your tummy and that everything will go fine and they will arrive in good health. I am also praying for your health and for peace at this time.

Always remember how much I love you and how proud I am and have always been of you.

Haven and Home said...

Oh Sarah, so many prayers are coming your way. I will be thinking and praying for all of you. God has a perfect plan, that is what we must remember.

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh Sarah, I'm praying. We're praying. Love you.

Donna Carter-Wood said...

Sarah, I am so thankful that Judy Parker passed on to me your blog. Please know that you, your babies, and your family will be in my constant thought and prayers!
Donna Carter-Wood

Amanda MacB said...

Came by through chatting at the sky. I am praying for you and your babies! I had my son 10 1/2 weeks early, so to some extent I know the fear/worry you are going through. Praying God would put His healing hand upon you, and above all else give you peace.

Margaret Patrick said...

Have had you on my mind all day. I pray you will be able to get your 6 weeks in, if not more. Please let me know if you need anything! Praying continually for you!

janchap4@bellsouth.net said...

Sarah, you may not remember me, I sat near your mom in choir at MPFBC. I want you to know I am praying for you and your babies.
Alsp praying for your strength, patience, hope and faith....we do not always understand the things in life we face, but never doubt God is with you through it all.

Jess said...

Sarah I was just re-reading...and wow - God is so good, isn't He? You asked us to pray and we did, and not only have you made it past 24 weeks...but now 28! Will keep praying for more and more time, and trust God will hear!