Friday, March 19, 2010

Ear Infections Begone!!

It probably would have been an emotional experience, but taking Ella to have surgery at the place I work made the whole experience a piece of cake. They totally pulled out the red carpet for us. But honestly, we pull out the red carpet for every kid who comes through our doors. This is such a happy place and I think Andrew was extremely impressed to see the type of place I work. Here is a couple before pictures:
I have to admit that I got a little choked up when they held the anesthesia mask on her face to put her to sleep. She screamed and gave me this look of "why are you letting them do this to me??" P.I.T.I.F.UL.!! (Yes, you are allowed to go with your child back to the operating room and stay with them until they are asleep).

And here are some after pictures. I really thought she would be one of these kids who was wild and crazy after waking up from anesthesia. She totally shocked me when she woke up so calm and said "I love you!" and reached for me. I am not exaggerating. It was such a sweet moment.
Such a sweet girl!

She cried off and on the whole way home, but she wasn't even really awake. Within an hour, she was her normal self. She has not needed a dose of antibiotics in almost a month now! This is amazing since she had been on 5 over the course of 2 & 1/2 months.

5 minute surgery=$2500=healthy child with no more ear infections=worth every penny!

Dear Ella,
I am so happy you are a healthy little girl again! There is nothing worse than having a sick child. And those first words of yours when you woke up...that made my whole year!
I love you too!
Mommy



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am soooo happy she is healthy.. Of course she is healed through the blood... :) I can't believe how big she is... :) Hope all is well on your end..

Kris' surgery is April 13. Please keep us in prayer

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh I'm so glad everything went ok! What a sweet little girl...