Saturday, August 28, 2010

Past 28 weeks

I was going to post on my 28th week...the week we have all been on our knees praying. But then, something terrible happened...

The internet was down for several days.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't tease. I just couldn't resist. But, seriously, the internet has been down. For this hospital, bed ridden mommy this has been quite the tragedy!

But, I made it. We had a scare on Thursday which marked my 28th week, but things settled down finally. Each day seems to bring its own challenge. I flunked my first gestational diabetes test two days ago. I am told that that is expected with the turbuteline pump. Apparently it raises your blood sugar. I technically passed my second test today...barely. So, I will be spared the 4 times a day blood sugar checks, but I need to probably watch a little better what I eat. You know, watch the spoon of ice cream as it enters my mouth. Ha!

Anyway, I find myself praying for 30 weeks now. I'm not sure if that is ungrateful of me. I'm just a mommy who wants healthy babies. Every day from here on out is such a blessing. I can't believe I made it to the 28 week mark. But, then again, should I really be surprised that God could and has made this happen?

He does have a history of miracles after all.

Post edit: I lied. I do have gestational diabetes. POOEY!!


14 comments:

Jess said...

Love reading that you're still bound to that hospital bed - it means those babes are still cookin'! I'm so thankful God continues to hear and answer our prayers on your behalf!

Cadie said...

Yea! On to the 30th week now! :) Always thinking and praying for you. Wow is God good! And, these babies are going to have quite a story to tell!

Thea Nelson said...

Wow, wow, wow. Praise God! It's so evident that He has been sustaining your two children within you! Doesn't seem ungrateful at all to ask for 30 weeks. Trust Him for 30 weeks, then more if need be! I am so thankful to see how gracious He has been to you and your family!

Wanting What I Have said...

Hooray!!!! We're rejoicing with you! Praying the Lord will keep them safely tucked inside for a little longer. How good God is!

Betsy Strauss said...

Hey Sarah!!! Oh well, my comment didn't work last time so I'm trying again. You must have gone in the hospital right after we talked. We just got back from Nashville and I can't wait to see you. I am so glad you made it to 28 weeks. I know that you are having so many ups and downs. I can't believe the clock on the head or that Andrew keeps getting hit from behind. That has got to be the stinky ole devil wanting you to get distressed and distracted, 2 of his worst tactics. Well I don't need to tell you what you already know. Eph, 3:20 - my paraphrase- God can do ABOVE ALL we could ask or imagine.
We now have no little birds in our nest after 28.5 years. There were so many times that I felt overwhelmed and wondered how in the world I could make it. But by the power of the Holy Spirit, faith in God's Word, and the wonderful BODY of Christ reaching out to us, God has been glorified and faithful. He WILL be caring for your little birds too, even though the darkness closes in sometimes, it will not overtake you as long as you keep your gaze on HIM. I see so much of God's glory in your life and your wonderful little family. Melissa and I have been praying for you. You are just the best cousin/niece/daughter/mom/wife anyone could ever ask for!! See you very soon!!!

Brooke said...

So happy they are still inside growing!!! I am glad you finally got internet because I was really hoping for an update!! So happy for a happy one. Well, minus the diabetes. :(

Angela said...

Sorry no more slushies! But absolutley amazing news on Baby Cook'n! Praise God! We'll be praying for more daily miracles! I hope you have lots of visitors at the hospital. It's what help keep my sanity...until I lost it!lol! Lots of Hugs your way!

Spirt Mom said...

Praise God you made it to 28 weeks! Keep on, little mama!

Carol said...

Thank the good Lord you have made it this far. Even the finger sticks will be worth it.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Yay for 28 weeks!! Such great news. Hang in there, mama! :)

Amber said...

Nothing about wanting the babies to stay in until 30, 32, 35 or 40 weeks is selfish. I think it makes you a great mom. Especially considering what you are going through to keep them in that long. I'm elated you have made it to this milestone. You sound positive and in a great mood. Good for you! Praying for you.

Tabitha said...

Nope, not ungreatful at all. You just know the power of prayer and all that God is capable of. Me? I'm skipping straight to praying for 34-36 weeks BECAUSE I KNOW HE CAN!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I just had a coronary. You scared me half to death when you said that something terrible happened. I've been praying for you and will continue to do so. Things are looking good! Well minus the diabetes and the clock that fell on your head!

Miss said...

WOO HOO for 28 weeks and counting! and praying for 30 is NOT greedy!!

and you are right...He DOES have a history of miracles =)