Thursday, July 1, 2010

Carnival Ride

Gosh. This past week has been full of ups, downs, fast speed, and slow speed.
So let's start with good news as I feel that that is really what the focus should be:
I did have a placenta abruption with baby boy, but he seems to be doing good. This poor little guy gets the rotten deal in all this...he's really low, his placenta tore, and he has less room than his sister. He is such a trooper though and my abruption seems to be healing. YAY! Baby girl is just floating around like there is nothing going on...she's spoiled already!
My cervix hasn't changed in the past couple days, so I think that is very encouraging. Of course, I had one rude doctor who came in this morning who seemed think the medicine and bedrest were ridiculous and aren't going to change the outcome of this. He wanted me to stop the pump, not be on bedrest, etc. He said this "isn't going to change the outcome". I decided to just politely tell him that "something is helping all these problems, so I'm not just going to stop doing these things."
I really just wanted to say "maybe you need some faith in Jesus you big jerk"...but, I decided that wasn't very Christian like of me.
Anyway, so things for the moment seem to be stabalized again. Again, we will just go home and keep on praying and believing.
We'll let God be the decision maker on this carnival ride...not the doctors.
Thank you for all the love, enouragement, verses, etc. I couldn't get through this without the love of you all. Please know that I read and cherish all comments and notes sent. I have been unable to respond to all of them, but I definitely read them all and pray those prayers with you.


Amber said...

Thank You Jesus!!! I will keep praying for you. xoxoxox

Tabitha said...

I am THRILLED to hear this...God has heard our prayers and has interviened!!!

Erin said...

Praise the Lord!!! Keep your eyes fixed on Him, girl! Satan can come in all forms to confuse, disappoint, and criticize...even doctors. ;)

Continuing to pray for these precious lives & your continued strength.

Christy said...

So thankful that things have calmed down for you!! Praying for you and your sweet babies!!

Ashley said...

I found your blog through a friend's blog and i just wanted to encourage you. I spent 8 weeks on bedrest with my twin girls. I went on bedrest at 23 weeks due to an "irritable uterus" as my Dr called it. I was contracting more than a woman in labor.... I was on various meds and spent some time off and on in the hospital and I did deliver the girls at 31 weeks but they made it. By God's grace they made it to a viable state and when I first had the issues we all didnt think it would be possible. They are now healthy and happy 15 month olds. I am praying for you b/c I know how awful the uncertainty is and the fear that plagues your mind daily. Praying that God will surround you with peace as you go through this hard time.

Jess said...

I have been praying for you constantly! I'll keep praying for a miracle for your dear family!

J said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Father God, You are gracious and good. Thank You so much for Your hand in all of these things. Thank You for keeping baby girl healthy and content, and thank You for bringing healing to the placenta abruption. I pray that You will continue to knit these babies together in Sarah's womb. I pray that You will give her great peace and encouragement and that Your hand of protection will remain on all of their lives. Thank You for Your goodness and kindness.

We're rejoicing and celebrating with and for you...and we will continue to pray for you all!

With Love,

Tye Durbin said...

I want to send a BIG digital ((HUG)) your direction, I have been there! I have twins. I was on hospital bound bed rest for over 3 months. You are the best advocate for yourself and your babies. Don't let a crappy doctor get you down, just tell him that you appreciate his "advice" but will consult with your primary provider, before making any drastic changes. Polite but direct. My girls were 6 weeks early, and the entire time I was hospital bound I had 4 out of 5 of my doctors telling me I'd be lucky if either survived. They were 1 lb 15 oz and 4 lb 10 oz when born, and are thriving well today (9 years later). I send you hope and prayers, and as much strength as you need to get through this trying time. Take it easy, take a deep breath, and cherish everyday that moves you forward!

Life in the Heavrin house said...

I am so happy to hear that!

Jenny H said...

Oh ok {deep breath} that is really good news! I will keep praying for a calm cervix and two happy healthy babies in the end and only God gets to decide when the BIG day will be. Proud of your focus and calm spirit. Keep up the good work! You WILL be a proud mommy of three with 5 stockings this year. He is Faithful!

Francesca Fine Jewelry said...

I was in early labor with all three of mine. My first one was kept in with terbutaline shots in my leg every three hours around the clock in the maternity intensive care unit. I also had a pessary with him. I had to lay on my left side throughout most of the pregnancy. I was sent home with terbutaline in pill form (brethine is the generic name for the pills). If you're not on the shots, ask for them. My cervix started thinning at 18 weeks with my oldest. He was only born three weeks early. Don't listen to the doctor. God can and does work miracles. My oldest is now 22 and just became a father to a beautiful little boy! My daughter was three weeks early and my youngest was a month early. I was on terbutaline for all three of them because of the early labor. What meds are you on?

Cadie said...

I just read the last few posts, (i have been mia lately, and am now just catching up). I'm so sorry about everything. But, our God is a miracle worker! When I was 16 weeks pregnant, we were in a car accident, (we were stopped in traffic and the person behind us, didn't stop and rear ended us.) I thought I was fine, and since we didn't call the police when it happened, I didn't see the need to go to the hospital, stupid mistake! A couple days later, I started bleeding, a lot. The doctor who had been in the business for 30 or 40 plus years thought she was not going to make it since my placenta had a large tear in it. And, if she did she would come early and be in the NICU for weeks. We have never prayed so hard in our lives. God was gracious and though it was not probable, healed my placenta and gave us a little girl only 9 days early and very healthy! I was on bed rest for a good amount of time, too. So, sometimes doctors are not always right! Thank goodness! :) I will be praying for you and your family. God bless!