Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why I'm not an English teacher...

I've always loved the idea of being an English teacher...but, I don't always use proper grammar.

I've always loved the idea of being an English teacher, but I've never been able to figure out is it grey or gray? and is it effect or affect? and for the life of me, I can't figure out why you can't end something in a prepositions.

But, probably most importantly...I have this issue with spelling. You know...like as in "I can't even spell the title of my own blog correctly."

It's "formerly" ya'll! NOT FORMALY!!  How long were you all going to let me keep going like that?

Thanks Mom

7 comments:

Amy said...

i just thought you wanted it to be really fancy ;)

Kendra said...

HAHAHAHA! I am TERRIBLE at all that too...and I am MARRIED to an English teacher!!!! It's a problem =)


So sorry to hear you are all sick! Bless your hearts!!! I too am praying God spares you - at least let the Momma stay well!! =)

Tabitha said...

HA! Oh goodness, I never even noticed!

Lauren said...

HAHA! I noticed that, but I don't know you well enough to say anything. lol

I was an English Language and Literature major, so this post made me laugh.

Milam Family said...

Hilarious! Grammar/spelling has never been my specialty and I didn't notice. Too funny!

Amy said...

I agree with Lauren. I don't know you well enough to say anything. Plus, I wondered if the title had another meaning to you. Either way I think everyone knew what you meant. :)

Southern Gal said...

I didn't want to be the grammar police. ;)