Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On

If you have two sets of eyes that can see, then you have seen the plethora of "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters and its many variations: Keep Calm and Pray On, Keep Calm and Eat a Cupcake...or my personal favorite, Keep Calm and Love Llamas (I kid. I only put that there because I have no idea who would buy that one).

Anyway, I have always wondered what the big deal was behind these posters. Clever marketing? And what is with the crown at the top?

Well, until yesterday, I had no idea. But, I happened to stumble upon this adorable little video. Consider it your little history lesson for the day. You will love seeing this little treasure and will appreciate more these over produced pieces of art.




Are you not smiling now? If you are like me, you are already adding that adorable little shop to your bucket list of places to see. Feel free to share this with your friends!

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

I really need to see that video today and to remember to "Keep Calm and Carry On".

Kim @ Kim and Mikey said...

I really need to see this today. Thank you for sharing.

Nathaniel said...

Wow, I cannot believe it! I know exactly who would love a "Keep Calm and Love Llamas" poster! My sister! Oh if you only knew why this was so funny!! (I even looked and found a t-shirts, etc with it!) It is her birthday soon and I have been looking for a present for her.. I was going to settle and get her a I-tunes gift card.. But who knew I would find the perfect gift to get her here?! So, I guess you now know who it going to try and buy a "Keep Calm and Love Llamas" item.. Me! I wonder if I can get one of these in time.. It would be hilarious! Thanks Sarah!

Momma Wilson said...

awesome video, I too needed to see this today. thanks Sarah!

Jennifer said...

Oh Wow! I never knew this interesting history, it's amazing how it has taken off...such a simple message that just strikes the right note.
Jen x