Monday, October 15, 2012

The ten year plan

One of the things I love about my husband is that he is always up for an adventure. I love that we share the same dreams and that we both don't feel that just because we have children that our dreams stop. I think in those first ten years of marriage, there is so much focus on starting a family. And although family is what is most important to us, it doesn't mean that our desires, career goals, and our sense of adventure has stopped.

We've spent a lot of time this past week talking about life and where we feel like we are being led.  And although we have no immediate plans for the next few years, it was good to talk about where we see our lives possibly headed.

It could very possibly include this:

via
Do you think the Queen could spare a few rooms for a family of 5? We'll even bring our own furniture!

This is also a possibility:

via
Skiing anyone?

It will almost positively include this:

via


And then in 20 years, a very real possibility is this:

via
And even if life turns out to be living the rest our lives in the Southeast, USA...or you start hearing my kids say Parlez-vous français?, my home will always be this:


And, no I didn't put a picture of the Eiffel Tower on here. That's more in the retirement plan. But, hey, if opportunity starts knocking, my bags are already packed!!!

Happy Monday!

(If you are wondering my husband is a transportation engineer. His specific interests are in mass transit. I only mention that because it explains why we are interested in the places above)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Precious new pictures! Such a beautiful family! I love dreaming. Chris and I believe its vital to keep up intimacy. We do it a lot!

Sarah said...

I completely agree, Robin!! It's such a vital part of communication in marriage...reminding each other and talking about your different desires. I think we are at a point where we would like to start actively pursuing some of these things in a few years. It is one of the reasons I have thought about home schooling...it would be easy to move around. I LOVE our home town, but I also don't want to look back and wish we had pursued our dreams. (P.S.-Your family is beautiful as well!!! One of these days we will have to meet in real life!!!)

Anna @ IHOD said...

Love it! Its fun to dream! It keeps life an adventure.
:)