Monday, May 23, 2011

Ella's betrothed

A couple weeks ago, one of my dearest friends flew in from Texas to meet the twins and just spend some time with us. I love my family, but I am once again reminded how good it is to have girlfriends...women who can encourage you, inspire you, and just love you right where you are at. We didn't do anything extraordinary, but it was so good for my soul to spend time with a friend. Here is a picture of Ella and my friend's son, Noah. Isn't he insanely handsome? He could quite possible be Ella's betrothed.

My goodness...way too much cuteness. Their children would be beautiful!


We also took some time to do a little fishing in the backyard. Apparently, all you need is a princess fishing rod, a spiderman fishing rod, and some stale bread to catch 3 fish in a mere 5 minutes.


Noah's first catch!!


His second was a catfish. Not too shabby for his first fishing adventure. 

Aren't the simplest of weekends the greatest when you are with friends? So blessed to have them in my life. She is always my friend to speak the truth to me in love. I tell her she is destined to be the next Beth Moore (she is in seminary right now)...and even if she isn't really, spending time with her is like reading a good Beth Moore book.

Having many small children can, ironically, leave you feeling very lonely. You are so consumed with their needs, that it is hard to make time to fill your own spiritual needs. I am so thankful for those friends who I know I don't have much to give right now...and who I know will still be there when life settles down for me...and that one day, I will in fact answer the phone.

No comments: