Friday, July 4, 2008

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness..."

So, I'll try and not start a political debate and keep this light and fluffy. ..

Today is the Fourth of July (Independence Day); it is the day that we commemorated the adoption of the Declaration of Independence back in 1776, declaring independence from Great Britian. Ok, so you'd think most everyone knows this...but you'd be surprised. For some people, it's time for cookouts and fireworks. For others, it's just a day they get off from work.

We all have our different views of what's going on in our country these days and with the war. Don't get me wrong, I hate that we are at war. Nobody likes this. I want these brave men and women home soon just like you. But, I also know, if they weren't doing what they are doing, our freedom that we celebrate today would be at risk. They are protecting the future of our world for my daughter and your children. Because of them, my daughter will continue to live in a country where she can vote, proclaim Christianity, and run for President if she so chooses. For this, I can never say thank you enough on behalf of my child! My grandfather fought in WWII...and who can imagine what this world would be like if Hitler had not been defeated.

Like I said, I'm not going to get into a political debate. I just want to say thank you to any one whose brother, sister, wife, husband, mother, or father is protecting us! Because of you, the little girl in the picture above gets to celebrate her first Fourth of July. God Bless America and our troops!-Sarah

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. "
(yes, I had to look this up because I couldn't remember all the words-I'm not that smart, ok? )

No comments: