Friday, December 30, 2011

Joy

It was Magical.
We went to Christmas Eve Service.
We ate yummy food.
We made peanut butter blossom cookies for Santa (a very important thing to Ella).
She had the excitement that I used to day dream of before becoming a mother.
She left two cookies for him and carrots for his reindeer and quickly rushed off to bed.
She had croup and needed breathing treatments during the night, but it did not stop her excitement.
However, she was slightly concerned that there was no snow outside (last year we had a white Christmas...it was amazing!).
I secretly wished it had snowed too...just to make it that much more magical.

All made by Ella...all eaten by mommy!
Christmas Eve
Audrey was in awe of the lights.

We may not have had any snow...but I snowflake light was good enough for her

The dollhouse was and continues to be a gift that has provided hours of entertainment for all...and lots and lots of make believe. I highly recommend it. Of course, you have to put in your request with Santa to get this beauty.

As you would imagine, her little eyes were full of joy just from simply being able to rip wrapping paper.

Our train themed Jesus birthday cake

 At 7:30am, we awoke to loud shrills of joy and the pitter patter of little feet running down the hardwood floors in the hallway to our bedroom. "MOMMY! DADDY!! HE CAME! HE CAME! SANTA BROUGHT ME A HUGE DOLLHOUSE! COME AND SEE!

Oh my. I cannot even put into words that accurately describe how my heart felt that morning. Is it possible to have too much joy?

It may just be the best Christmas I have ever had. Seeing that joy...it almost made me cry it was so sincere and sweet. Such joy.

Later, we went to my sisters house for lunch and had our annual gingerbread making contest. My sister and I did our best karaoke rendition of all Celine Dion's classics. I even got Ella to sing a few princess songs with me. We made sweet memories. Such joy.

We laughed, we ate well, we gave...and my heart was so full of love and joy. I could not have received a better gift for Christmas. Such joy.

I am on my quest to make every day have a piece of Christmas in 2012. My quest to find joy every single day.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Joy indeed =)

Krista said...

Wow! From your profile it sounds like we are kindred spirits with GREAT taste in names! I look forward to following you in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

That is such an amazing dollhouse. I want one, too!