Sunday, December 18, 2011

A little Norman Rockwell

(Preface: I posted this picture on facebook a month or so ago, but I forgot to add it to the blog. So, some of you may have already seen this one.)

So, I have this extremely talented, artistic cousin named Melissa who is more like a sister than a cousin. She is also my hero because she has always followed her heart and never let fear stop her from pursuing her dreams. For example, she's always thought it would be cool to live in California. So what did she did after college? She packed up her little black Acura and headed to the west coast. Shouldn't we all live with such bravery?

Anyway, I posted this picture on facebook about a month ago and she called me on the phone and told me it reminded her of an old Norman Rockwell drawing. I'm not sure I am deserving of such a compliment, but I'll take it! That means a lot coming from a true artist. So here is a little Norman Rockwell (aka-Mommy taking na.ked baby pictures of Jacob!) for you:


(And yes, that is an old fashioned pedestal tub in my bathroom. I'm an old soul who wears trendy clothes. I often say I would love to live back in the early 1900's, but I'd never survive without air conditioning.)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Precious!!! Baby tushies are the cutest!!

Amy said...

how did i miss this on facebook?? at least i think i would have remembered it if i had seen it?? anyway....it is ADDORABLE!!! you are so talented!